This coat of arms is from “The Brotherhood of Blackheads”. In the original language: Bruderschaft des Schwarzhauptiger (brotherhood of blackskins). This brotherhood originated in 12th century Reval (modern name Tallinn) in Estonia from 1400 AD .
The Portuguese have the same crusader cross on their flag. They use to be a Moorish country. is it coincidence or relative… I do not know.
The best books about the Moors are Golden Age of the Moor by Ivan Van Sertima and Black Star Over Europe by Runoko Rashidi. “History is a light that illuminates the past and a key that unlocks the door to the future.”
Moors have been honored in Europe. Riga, Lavtia Germany. There is the Order of Black Moor Knight St. Maurice
In the 12th century it was believed in the Christian West , the world consists of three continents , namely Europe, Asia and Africa. Later than this time were from the three wise men then became known as the three kings. It spread the view that symbolized the three kings representing the three known continents at that time . Africa at this time is usually more associated with East Africa referred to by the Greeks as a black country hence the representative of Africa in artistic representation became the Moors .
Starting from this time , there are representations on which the third king , who previously as the other 2 had a white skin color, is shown with black skin. this mostly is believed to be the youngest called King Caspar is also referred to as the Moor , but can already be found in other early sources as Melchior and sometimes Balthasar as Africa’s representatives . But the “diversity of skin colors was still prevalent . When restoration work was carried out they found in newer traditions and literary representations of a painting of the Florentine school , where a white king was black painted over as it corresponded to the new iconographic interpretation of the three saints
THE THREE MAGI. ENGLISH, 1520. DURING THE EUROPEAN RENAISSANCE IT WAS COMMON TO PORTRAY THE YOUNGEST OF THE THREE KINGS COME TO PAY HOMAGE TO THE CHRIST CHILD IN THE MANGER IN BETHLEHEM AS AN ETHIOPIAN. THE CHRIST CHILD IS ALWAYS PORTRAYED AS WHITE AND THE YOUNGEST OF THE THREE KINGS IS USUALLY AN ETHIOPIAN.
THE BLACK MADONNA at ST. JOHN’S CHURCH in LUXEMBOURG CITY, LUXEMBOURG is shown as what is much closer to the original portrayal of Jesus.
Christ at the Second Coming, In the center of the apse mosaic is Christ standing on red clouds (representing the dawn), dressed in golden robes labeled with the monogram I. He holds the scroll of the Law in his left hand.
The basilica of Santi Cosma e Damiano is one of the ancient churches of Rome called tituli, of which cardinals are patrons as deacons: the Cardinal Deacon of the Titulus Ss. Cosmae et Damiani is Giovanni Cheli. The basilica, devoted to the two Greek brothers, doctors, martyrs and saints Cosmas and Damian, is located in the Forum of Vespasian, also known as the Forum of Peace. The Temple of Romulus was dedicated by Emperor Maxentius to his son Valerius Romulus, who died in 309 and was rendered divine honours. It is possible that the temple was in origin the temple of “Iovis Stator” or the one dedicated to Penates, and that Maxentius restored it before the re-dedication.
The ancient Roman fabric was Christianized and dedicated to Sancti Cosma et Damiano in 527, when Theodoric the Great, king of the Ostrogoths, and his daughter Amalasuntha donated the library of the Forum of Peace (Bibliotheca Pacis) and a portion of the Temple of Romulus to Pope Felix IV. The pope united the two buildings to create a basilica devoted to two Greek brothers and saints, Cosmas and Damian, in contrast with the ancient pagan cult of the two brothers Castor and Pollux, who had been worshipped in the nearby Temple of Castor and Pollux. The apse was decorated with a Roman-Byzantine mosaic, representing a parousia, the Second Coming of Christ at the end of time. The bodies of Saints Mark and Marcellian were translated, perhaps in the ninth century, to this church, where they were rediscovered in 1583 during the reign of Pope Gregory XIII.
In 1632, Pope Urban VIII ordered the restoration of the basilica. The works, projected by Orazio Torriani and directed by Luigi Arrigucci, raised the floor level seven metres, bringing it equal with the Campo Vaccino, thus avoiding the infiltration of water. Also, a cloister was added. The old floor of the basilica is still visible in the lower church, which is actually the lower part of the first church. In 1947, the restorations of the Imperial Forums gave a new structure to the church. The old entrance, through the Temple of Romulus, was closed, and the temple restored to its original forms; with the Pantheon, the Temple of Romulus is the best preserved pagan temple in Rome. A new entrance was opened on the opposite side (on via dei Fori Imperiali), whose arch gives access to the cloister, and through this to the side of the basilica.
Jesus’ appearance from behind locked doors, by Duccio-di-Buoninsegna – 1308 A.D.
The Duccio-di-Buoninsegna above, which still has a “somewhat” Black looking Jesus, and some likewise “Black looking” Apostles, seems to mark the end of Black Jesus, and the beginnings of the total lie. No non-White depiction of Jesus is known to have been made after this time – by White people.